Friday, February 25, 2011

A Message

Please leave a message after the beep.
Hearing a tone,
then it's complete.
Waiting a moment,
hesitate not,
for if you do care
I ask not a lot.
Please give a call
and let me know this:
that there is a moment
when things did exist.
Please leave a message
after the tone
of ending emotions
on rarely-used phones.
If there was ever
a time not denied
a minute in passing
where regret hadn't lied,
tell me the answer
and put me at ease,
for I can't go on
knowing no peace.
Yet this is my choice,
so if you care not,
I render you guiltless
and hope you won't plot.
I hope you don't worry
and think to this grace
that things shouldn't end
when you've left the case.
So if there is nothing,
no friendship, nor love,
no feelings uneasy
of things never done,
think not a moment
of me or the past,
for I'm not ok
but my choice will still last.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home