Friday, February 04, 2011

A Window

A window and frame and shudders and glares,
all frozen in time,
all lit with repair.
A window I see in the passage of minds-
a window of mine and a window of crime.
I'll chip off the ice and sculpt through the snow
'til something becomes something more than we know.
'Til someone like you realizes my fight
to become not like me but a window of sight.
I waited today as the sun rose so high
above all the shallowed graves beating their chime
in a graveyard among burning vines of the grape,
when the world reached it's limits and met with its fate,
when the sadness engulfed all the people below
and left me alone on this barren world, cold.
On that day I surrendered my happiness too
along with my quiet, and solitude brewed.
I gave up my chance of knowing you now
because of the ones that i've hurt, and the how.
So lonely becomes what loneliness brings
and leaves me alone with the memories of these:
The broken, betrayed, beloved, and best;
the lifted, elated, and great among rest;
the one that helped those who've fallen below
a sadness and emptiness one couldn't know;
and last but not least, the one I'll forget
for he was the one who I'd never let
slip out from my fingers while standing so close,
yet throwing attacks at unreasonable dose.
The world would not sit here, so quiet, ashamed,
while waiting for endings and stories to break.
And thus it will swallow the weak and betrayed,
downtrodden and fallen,
with no hope to save face.
The world fell apart, but a window remains.
This window I've broken-
blood, shattered, it stains.

6 Comments:

At 8:48 PM, February 05, 2011, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a publisher, and I would just like to say that this is one of the worst structured poems I have ever read. This is too dramatically choking, loses the readers train of thought half way through, and for the people that actually waste their time to finish reading it, they will find it depressing (you completely failed to capture the refreshing feeling of "venting" that sad poetry expresses),Honestly you shouldn't attempt to write if you have no artist talent in the matter. The best constructional criticism I could give you, is to tell you to just make your blogs straight forward about what you do on a daily basis, and leave poetry up to more artistic minds. I hope that if you plan to attended college in your future, that you stick to a field of study that has nothing to do with words, expressionism, or any form of art.

 
At 9:06 PM, February 05, 2011, Blogger Penguin said...

HA HA HA. very funny.

 
At 12:26 AM, February 06, 2011, Blogger Golden Guitar said...

publisher? than why are you posted as anonymous?

 
At 4:26 PM, February 07, 2011, Blogger Tsuuretsu Unabara said...

Dear Publisher:
I have often found that writing is more catharsis than an attempt at recognition. And sometimes it takes the writer a while to hit the epiphany of release.
Also, this is just a suggestion, but get a proofreader before you hit "post comment" next time, m'kay?

 
At 10:31 PM, February 08, 2011, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL Here is a gentle and unbiased paraphrasing of Anon's criticism:
"I am a failed publisher who sucks so bad at literary criticism that I got fired, so now I have the spare time to cruise blogs and spout my stupid ideas while validating them with the title of the job that I used to have. I have always sucked at writing and I have an inferiority complex about it, so I hate to see people writing for the pure joy of it and must crush them. I also sucked at every major subject in college so I am secretly hoping that you fail at college also so I can validate my existence through comparison with yours. However, this will inevitably fail and I am going to end up drinking alone tonight, as per usual."

 
At 10:32 PM, February 08, 2011, Blogger Penguin said...

thanks ross.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home