Self-Destruct
An end at last awaiting for
an everlasting built in core-
I'll pour the oil down sides and chain,
see gears here twist and turn and strain
and smoke surrenders to the night
while something burning flees from sight.
I'll watch as bits and pieces burn.
I'll wait to see the friction turn.
The flames engulf the self in time
til daylight's end and my soft mime.
Explosions bursting
blackened, low
to where a hollow sadness glows.
To where a dim desire feeds
to break apart a mess in me.
I waited still and nothing yet
but shimmer stop and dimmed dear pet
that watched and waited by my side
to see the end of beauty's lies.
I took control and fed the flame
and let the atoms split in vain.
I drenched the whole entirety
in reckless counts of oil and glee
and all in order to address
the issue left again unsaid.
But was it not addressed before?
Was my question unadorned?
Believe me now for life awaits
to see the flashy works of bait,
while overlooking last and least
a bit of soul and heart uncreased.
The little bit that now remains
goes up and up in dire stains
til fine and thinned and worn down too
and then the end will not eschew.
A last destruction of the test
to bless and boil them from the rest.
My final show before the crowd:
I'll self-destruct, but not aloud.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home