Nameless Entry II
The cloth is burning. It's somewhat blue
with a soft autumn smell.
Too familiar, true.
I know it's late now, but I'll stay up and sigh
for all the lost ones,
for all that's lonely, listless, and nigh.
It seems I'm stuck here,
in a silly rhyme with strange metre and phase,
but how I wish that
I could break it away from this hollowed out chain.
And how I cry when
I cry when so I've finally found you
and lost without you
the world despairs for all adrift too.
I'm stuck again now.
I don't know how to express what I see
when all around me
the haze is building up walls from beneath
and still up higher
the ground's now quaking, tremors around
to break the silence
of sudden movement, battles abound.
I've found the shadow
of long lost lonely stories and songs
that have been waiting
for words and motions gathering strong
to put the bonds on
the rigid chains of confining demise
and hold the strongholds
of wind blown fancies and trickled down faith.
I'll write a story,
I'll finally tell you the course of my mind
and then you'll know why
I've tried so hard and never been kind.
You'll finally know why,
You'll finally know what I've thought about you
and then you'll wonder
why you've held on so long dear, it's true.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home