Questions
You asked your heart,
but I asked G-d
and what do you think
He told me today?
The same little secret
the one hid besides,
the answer to questions
not nonsense or lies.
He showed me the way
and told me the truth.
He canceled my hopes
but guided to soothe.
He gave me an answer
not once now
but twice,
and told me his message
as clear as rolled dice.
This wasn't the derech,
the way to be walked.
It's not right to stay here
when He's laid out the lights.
It hurts more than ever
to know this one truth,
but G-d is my savior,
though misery's uncouth.
And our story is written,
it's clear as the rain,
our ways must diverge
and meet not again.

3 Comments:
Before bugging-out, I'll comment on this. I don't like how this insinuates I didn't ask God for the way to go. "heart" was a poetic construct for heaven's sake. I'm sure you didn't intend it to come across that way, though. Rather, I've found that asking God simply what to do once a situation is messy isn't very fruitful, so I make a decision and wait for any correction. I made my "decision" if you can call it that, and waited for correction. And I got it like huge whallop. Never has a correction come so fast, and never so hard.
The first two poems reduced me to weeping. This one--malaise. Maybe because it was exactly what I expected.
Perhaps you might consider "but misery's uncouth" for the metre?
Hope to speak to you sooner rather than later--we'll see. Do forgive me for being such an arse
I'll wait. Please try not to take too long. I'm a rather impatient person. I hope replying here is ok, since you don't get an instant notification when I do, and won't have to see this until you're ready.
umm, one more thing. what i wrote at the end of the poem, i didn't mean it literally that we can never cross paths again and can't be friends or talk or anything like that. So please don't read it like that. I asked G-d nothing regarding that, and have been told nothing in that direction. And i refuse to ask about it. I'm not going to let you go, at the very least as a friend. I hope you're ok, and honestly, I wish I wasn't the other party involved in this situation, so that I could be there to support you right now. :(
Post a Comment
<< Home