Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Clipped Wings

So what if I don't like you?
Is that too hard to take?
Perhaps you need to know
just why the earth here quakes.
I had you in my hands,
my precious butterfly,
to hold and love and praise
as if I'd otherwise die.
But alas that is not true,
those thoughts were all suppressed,
as you cannot foretell
what passes in my head.
But yes there was a time
when none of this was so,
yet why should it remain
when I can't undergo
the pain and separation
of watching your wings flow
as feathers glide
and clouds surrender
to a shadow no more low?
That is what you are,
a mere glimmer of the past
a someone who was there
and somehow couldn't last.
And yes it hurts me too
to know that you are gone
but precious butterfly
what'd happen if I slide?
If I chose to keep
you in my home and care
how would you react
to see your wings clipped?
In despair...

2 Comments:

At 5:11 PM, December 16, 2009, Blogger Vavsevekivekov said...

I like this one; don't ask why, it just has very vivid imagery for me.

 
At 9:29 PM, December 16, 2009, Blogger Penguin said...

thank you. mimi said something similar actually (i think, if i remember correctly). actually, at first when i read your comment, i thought it was mimi b/c she had said something of the sort earlier.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home