Thursday, December 03, 2009

Glimmering Shadows

Wouldn’t you like to break away?
To see the sun
Glowing while the wind stays?
Wouldn’t you like to go for a while?
And breathe that stillness
As it burns back the stile
And keeps down the hurdles
But holding the wall?
Wouldn’t you like to
Fly, as I fall?
You know I could take you there,
Show you the path,
Adventure through doorways
Behind ivy and grass.
I’m holding the key.
All you need is to ask.
So wouldn’t you like to
Be shadows?
And pass?

That would be nice,
If it were all true.
The statements that rhyme
And the questions undo
The mysteries left as I
Turn off the light,
The tragedy-rift as you
Float out of sight.

Didn’t you like to
Break away?
To see the moon
As the stars glimmer, say
That life wasn’t nice,
All these childish, neat games,
That it takes time
For the moment of gaze.
Didn’t you like it
When I threw you away?
When I left you there, locked
In the gardens that day?
Didn’t I know
That you’d hate if I flew
While you were a shadow
And only just knew.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home