Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Untitled - Don't Ask

The passing of the month-
A day, a week, a year-
The solitude of trust
Still finds me shut in here.
A ghost that never lived
Or prisoner of fate,
Or broken doll now filled
With my own sorry state.
I truly have no words.
This plastic sheds no thoughts.
I simply write to swerve
That tangled mess of ruts.

In turn lets play a game,
Create a one-hit wonder,
A drama of no fame
To pass another hour.
Let’s say I want to pass
A tragedy of sorts,
Some random happenstance
That’ll make my face contort.
It’ll give me such new passion
Sensation never felt,
A bit of numbing fashions
To replace where emptiness dwelt.
Now tell me, is it wrong
To ask for death and plague?
I merely write a song
Of a hypothetical stage.

For such a wish must be dealt
The heavy blow of heart.
Relieve me of this realm;
Please tear my mind apart!

4 Comments:

At 9:04 AM, October 16, 2009, Blogger Golden Guitar said...

hmm... this reminiscences of death cab for cutie. not sure why that is...

 
At 4:45 PM, October 16, 2009, Blogger Penguin said...

yay for death cab!! btw, i've turned two people onto deathcab in the past week. thomas and ruth both officially like them. :)

 
At 2:07 AM, October 18, 2009, Blogger Golden Guitar said...

I love turning people to death cab! Oh my goodness, I honestly don't know what i would do without dcbf. They've helped me get through so much

 
At 2:22 AM, October 18, 2009, Blogger Penguin said...

ah, for me it's quite the opposite. i almost feel like they put me through more than they've gotten me through, but either way, their awesomeness shall spread.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home