Vain Tears
The slow sun rising,
Rain pores hiding,
Heavy in the summer's eve
Now fall to feet and breathe.
To look around-
The feel not found,
The lost intention,
Hidden, mentioned
Finds its way
Into the day
To seek
And wreak
This haven's steep.
You find yourself
Amidst those blessed
With tragedy,
And lost anxiety.
How sad it seems
That after screams
Of all impatience,
Circumspections,
The last, worn down
Is found brought 'round
And loses self
In hidden strife.
At last you'll see
How vain you could be
When times are bad
And lost and had.
The slow moon rising,
Rain now gliding;
Steam flows out-
It heaves about
To show you once
What kind of dunce
You've proved to be
Within this sea
Of inland ghosts,
Preying on their hosts:
She dissappears
In your vain tears.

4 Comments:
I liked reading it. I'm not sure if I understand, and will make no pretense to say otherwise. All in all, another flaw of personal poetry when read by people who know you, personally.
you should kinda understand it when taking into account this and the last were inspired by the same thing. but the exact details you wouldn't be able to guess b/c it was a surprise to me when i found this out (negative surprise). i'll tell you about it later, if you allow me to.
of course. only I had read this one before the other, so I lacked that perspective.
ah, i see. i usually read the oldest first, but that does require memory and scrolling. (not that you don't have/can't do either, but you know what i mean)
Post a Comment
<< Home