Monsters in a Pod
Can I take it back?
I think I'm ok.
I saw the stars tonight
and the moon
shining as the day,
up in the sky
beautiful - black and gray.
I wanted you to know.
I feel guilty for the words,
the things I've said
and done
and held away from hurt;
I don't regret the past,
but I'm hoping
there's no relapse.
I'm trying to let go
so I can help
and not hurt more.
I didn't lie
when I confessed,
the words streaming from my heart.
"I love you,"
dear girl said.
If only
I had said
right then and there
the whole wide truth
and not a glimmer of the shell.
I wish you'd understood
and not be living in some hell.
Two monsters in a pod.
That's what we are.
You and me,
both hating
and loving,
and missing the part that's real.
I wish I could take it all back
and show you who you are.
The beautiful girl who sat there
on a brightly lit day,
under tree,
gazing from afar.
Here we stand,
beneath full moon
on a gray March night,
and I know we can't go back,
so please move forward with me
alright?
I wanted to tell you
"I'm ok."
Because I really think I am
now.
And I hope,
pretty soon
you'll join me.
In room 707
by the river,
we'll stay.
We won't be living
as monsters in a pod.
No more pretending,
and being who we're not.
Then I'll come to see
the beautiful you
is not just like me.

2 Comments:
<3
this is quite good my dear..
i got chills reading it
:) thank you. Do you understand it? I'm hoping it's not misunderstood...
Post a Comment
<< Home