Monday, December 01, 2008

A Polar Force

Am I drawn to your light,
When all I see is darkness?
In your radiant face
Reflecting the moon's yellow shine
Emitting a presence
Only felt in the night.
I don't want to be
drawn to your light,
drawn to your darkness.
It freezes me over
in the soft spoken realm
of never ending time.
It sends a cool chill
down my fingers and bones
Reminding me now
when I'm beholding the night,
With it's radiant shine
and the moon's glory shown,
I still see only darkness,
yet I'm drawn to your tones.
Yet I'm drawn to the unknown.

6 Comments:

At 3:44 PM, July 19, 2011, Blogger Blind_Prophet said...

yellow...

"I don't want to be drawn to your light, drawn to your darkness." I have a question but I'm not sure how to word it. all you see is darkness, but that person's light but you might be only attracted to their darkness?

 
At 7:21 PM, July 19, 2011, Blogger Penguin said...

I don't know. This was a really long time ago and all I remember from this time was that I was finally getting over binyamin (I realized it a little later) and I was really depressed about something involving Mimi and Miriam where I thought I was a really horrible person for some reason.

 
At 8:40 PM, July 19, 2011, Blogger Blind_Prophet said...

this is in college right? and you are still paranoid about being a bad person?

 
At 8:44 PM, July 19, 2011, Blogger Penguin said...

yes, this was in freshman year but I've changed a lot. The way I think is different, even if the conclusions are the same.

 
At 8:51 PM, July 19, 2011, Blogger Blind_Prophet said...

but you should be able to look back now and know you weren't in the wrong ? shouldn't you?

 
At 10:43 AM, July 20, 2011, Blogger Penguin said...

hmmm... nope. I was in the wrong. But at the same time I wasn't. It's complicated.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home