Craze
I don’t know who I am
Or what I’ve become.
But somehow
In these days gone past
You’ve driven me into
An intolerable craze.
A maddening aura
Of dizzying
Fades.
You’ve fogged up
My clear images
In your hazed up
Rain.
Tearing through
the winded streets,
Razing apart
The ideas you’ve built.
Welled up
And hidden
In your fortress of rage
You left me stranded
In this unbearable daze.
Splattering incense
In whirlwinds of disgrace,
An inconceivable bile
Takes over with flame.
As you shudder,
Wondering
“How much longer
Until I laze.”
I still don’t know who I am,
But you’ve changed me
Entirely
In the past few days.
You’re price will result
From this intolerable craze.

4 Comments:
Maybe we can only know what we have been.
why'd you comment as anonymous? this is gonna massively bother me now.
you know, honestly, i don't know what i was thinking at the time i wrote this anymore. i have no idea what was going on or anything. i've been listening to a lot of 3 doors down lately, maybe they've had an effect on this, but i really don't know. i just don't know.
I like it. haven't listened to 3 doors down recently but this would make a good song by them
Ya, I can see that too. I haven't listened to them for a while either but I could see the connection with this poem and them.
Post a Comment
<< Home