Chances
Chances are you're not all there.
Chance still says you hide and scare.
Chances bring my worries 'round,
emptying them on the ground.
Chance plays tricks
and hides the hit.
Chance turns something
so it sticks.
Chances come and go and go.
They're around when you least know.
Nothing's made me more concerned
than those pesky heart-wound words.
Nothing brings me down again
since chance was there and chanced again.
Nothing opens up the wounds.
Nothing makes this flower bloom.
Nothing said or done can fix
final runs of chance that ticks.
Last and least and none to spare,
I've run out of patience, care.
You have no more words to say
since the second, third are gray.
Second chance was spent too soon.
Third rolled by,
and fourth did too.
More kept going.
Now I'm spent.
Nothing brings back honey's scent.
'Less the final chance says more,
showing me a film roll scored.
Final chance is given out
hoping fate now takes a part.

3 Comments:
I like this a lot. Though it makes me sad :( *hugs*
word verification: iniquira
Thanks. I don't know if I like it or not. I wasn't particularly sad when I wrote it. I guess I feel exactly as the poem states: spent. I'm worn out and tired of trying and giving out more chances. But I'd rather give more chances than withhold them. *grabs hug* :D arigato gozaimasu!
What is Iniquira?
Post a Comment
<< Home