Sunday, May 01, 2011

The Role You Chose

Seconds, minutes, maybe more-
messing up and getting sore.
Life is something settled on,
yet why can't I keep going on?
Here I stand
and there you are.
I can't breathe,
or even talk.
Why is it that as I watch
souls that fly so swiftly touch,
nothing comes and nothing goes.
I can't see you, so who knows.
Can't you come and stop the pain?
Clear the madness?
End the rain?
Can't you call my name just once?
Let me know you're out there, dunce...
I'm so sick of waiting for
someone who I know not more.
I wish you'd step out of that place,
for hiding is less fun a game...
This is when I need you most,
far as soul mate's presence goes.
Please fulfill the role you chose
when G-d gave you life and prose.

5 Comments:

At 7:12 PM, May 01, 2011, Blogger Penguin said...

Before anyone gets confused and thinks this is about them and I'm criticizing someone, I'd like to say something: this poem isn't about anyone I know yet. Or rather, if it is about someone I know, I don't know it's about him yet. This poem is about the man who I will eventually marry. :P

 
At 10:37 PM, May 01, 2011, Blogger ThePres said...

Parts of this very much remind me of Art of Life.

 
At 12:23 AM, May 02, 2011, Blogger Penguin said...

What is Art of Life?

 
At 6:33 AM, May 02, 2011, Blogger ThePres said...

You see, Art of Life is that song by Yoshiki Hayashi I told you that you absolutely HAD to listen to when things were bad, but you refused because you'd never be able to listen to it without crying. but there is not so much reason to listen to it when things aren't bad. I do it, but it is more important at other times.

 
At 7:01 AM, May 02, 2011, Blogger Penguin said...

Oh! That's why it sounded familiar. Every time you say something reminds you of something in my poetry I immediately think what you're reminded of is more poetry. I just looked at the lyrics. That's a really sad song. You know, I wasn't really feeling all that sad when writing this poem... I don't really know how to explain what I was feeling though. I was hoping people could tell just by reading it... I guess my poetry probably isn't as clear as I mean it to be though. Yosef read all my poems after the one I wrote for him last night and he said he wanted to cry for practically each one. :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home