Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Trust

Two hours. 

That's not a waste of time. 

Two fucking little hours for the peace of mind

Of knowing answers, questions, careful words

Are all said correctly, written down;

Of knowing that she's taken care of,

Knowing she will be alright. 

I know things you'd never dream of -

How not to trust, how to think and test.

I know to never stop, relax, or rest. 

I know not to believe even a doctor 

Is always as good as he says.  

So no, I don't trust you. 

I don't believe you'll do a good job. 

I don't think you can handle it,

You're too ignorant, oblivious to even start.

So I want to spend two little hours

Being present to ensure she's alright. 

And no I don't trust you, but still asked for your help. 

But even a small task you can't do like the rest.  

Even just driving you'll fight and you'll stress. 

You want all or nothing. 

But you don't use your head. 

How can I trust you

If it might leave my daughter dead? 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home