school: wooo to blech!!
I was coming back from the library today, and as I was checking the mail, guess what I saw... my report card! I'm probably really weird for being excited to get my report card, but when you hear my grades you'll probably understand why. the classes read down in rows: english, math, history, science, computers, Gym, Chumash, Hebrew, Judaic Studies, Talmud. My grades for fourth quarter were (reading down the list): A+, A, B+, A-, A+, A+, A, A+, A+, A-. That's right, I finally pulled my history grade up... I mean sure, it only went from B to B+, but its still good, right? Ok, well my second semester grades are (still reading down the list): A+, A, B, A-, A+, A, A, A+, A, A-. And for my finals: English- A+, Math- B+, History-C, Science- A-, and Hebrew-A+. But here's the best part: my current GPA when I finished school was a 3.966, just a little more and it'd be a 4.0. This is soo encouraging because it makes me think that maybe next year I'll be able to get a 4.0. but anyways, my cumulative gpa was 3.859, still not bad, and my cumulative credits were 9.000 (don't know what that means exactly).
Now, along with my report card, I got my reading list, and I have just now figured out why I couldn't find two of my books in the online library when Bari told me the list. Well, since I'm the only one who isn't helping with the grociery shopping, my brother asked me to reserve his books in the library as well. The two for English I reserved fine; had absolutely no trouble finding them. Then when it came to the ones he needed for gov't and econoics the trouble began. The first one I found under the author, after searching through several authors with the same last name, and the problem, I found, was that someone *cough* Moskowitz *cough* misspelled the name of the book. The second took a lot longer. First off, the list of authors was longer than that on the first book, and second, the title was completely wrong. She wrote: Misunderestimating the President, the book was called: Misunderestimated: President Bush battles terrorism. See how off that was? Well anyways, now onto my books. Collected Fictions was probably too vague a search for it or something, so I found it under the author, but when it came to "sarom" it was a whole different story. I looked under the title, nothing. I looked under the author: long list, no match. Finally, I was desperate enough to ask a librarian online, and guess what, it's spelled Sarum, not "Sarom", as it was spelled on the reading list.
Well, now that I'm already talking about school related things, before they left, my parents asked me how many courses I'm taking this year. I said all of them, and they questioned whether or not I'd be able to handle this workload, and now I'm starting to question this too. Last year was supposed to be one of the easier years of high school, and I was already starting to go crazy from being so busy. Tenth grade is supposedly the hardest year of all, and I'm keeping to the same schedule. Maybe I won't be able to handle 9 classes plus art school plus piano plus yearbook on a regular basis. Oh no, I jsut realized that my schedule might be even busier than this if Donna wants me to keep working on jewelry through the school year, and if amanda and I pull through with redoing Tanya's drama club, and if we have girl's production this year too, it'll be a total and complete nightmare. I think I'm going to need some serious help.

2 Comments:
Yeah, lol, Moski mis-spelled alotta book titles. ANd CONGRATS on the awesome grades!! I think the Curr. GPA in for the quarter (u did awesome!) and the Cum. GPA is semester. I didn't do that grade 3rd quarter and I did ok 4th so I think I got like a 3.957 or sum'n for 2nd semester but you did awesome and im soooo proud of u! And i know what u mean about next year. With tennis, bball, piano, yearbook, production, and maybe softball im gonna go crazyyY! But we'll prolly have all the same classes except math so we'll get each other thru this.Just dont freak out, lol. I'm sure you'll get thru it. And btw, I thought 10th was also one of the hardest, but really 11th is cuz u got all the classes plus ACT's and SATs and that crap. ughhh. tell ur bro i say good luck lol. Lylas!!!
great job on the grades. Moskowitz?! I'm hearing all types of awesome names today.
you...did...a lot.I would have probably crumbled under all that pressure
Post a Comment
<< Home