Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Walls

I sit and watch as the darkness rises, 

walls of black stone forming around me.  

They climb up higher, 

closing in, 

cutting me off.  

In the darkness I watch, 

I wait, 

I beg and plead and cry and ... 

There you are - my ray of sunshine.  

A golden light that finds it's way in, 

weaving around the deep inky prison, 

working your way towards me.  

I reach out to you, 

pulling and grasping and stretching and -

The prison walls grow higher.  

They close in above: a dome of shadow.  

I look for you, but you are gone.  

All that remains: this rock upon which I stand,

and this sea upon which I float.  

My ray of sunlight snatched away.  

I pray you will return one day, 

and break me free from these walls.  

Until then, 

you are the rock upon which I stand.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home