Monday, March 20, 2023

Rhyming Genes

Pieces twist and 
come on scene,
Ts and Gs and 
adenine? 
No, not they, 
it's only me
Singing, rhymimg, 
drinking tea. 
What? 
You say I'm crazy too? 
Perhaps you want me 
to unscrew...

Creeping, crawling, 
rising high,
These little things 
twist way up nigh. 
Pricking round, 
entangling me,
The long grasping vines 
call out with glee.  
What could they want? 
Well who's to say. 
But I know they won't stop 
till the blood's flowed astray.  

Curling cross 
your toes and knees,
They'll climb so high
Even you won't see.  
They'll blind your eyes,
They'll gag your mouth,
They'll tie your hands,
They'll drag you south.  

They'll slash
They'll rip
They'll tear
They'll gnash.
Break.
Crack.
Shriek.
Gasp. 
These little things begin to rasp.  

My little Ts and Gs and Cs
Nucleotides I arrange as I please.  
You see, I'm crazy,
But you are too.  
And if you're not, 
Just wait. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home