The Acorn
"Ouch."
An acorn hit my head from the large acorn tree behind me. I turned around, quickly gleaning the peaceful windless summer day filled with green leaves, green grass, a perfect blue sky, marshmallow white clouds, and a giant green dinosaur. The dinosaur was standing behind the tree, glaring at me with his large puppy dog blue eyes. His mouth was open and his lolling tongue rained saliva all over the tree.
I picked up the acorn and threw it back at him. I missed. He turned and watched it zoom past his head. He looked back at me, questioned my motives with his glance, and chased after it.
Mother called me in to finish my homework. I was beginning third grade this year. That's when they start giving us real homework in school. Mother still helped me with it sometimes, but I was older and far more mature than before. I was a big kid. I could finish almost all of my homework by myself now.
When I ran into the kitchen, mother handed me some slices of apples for my afternoon snack. She put down the plate of apples and hugged me with her large hairy arms, squeezing me so much that I had to warn her to stop. That happens a lot when you have a gorilla for a mother. I sat down at the kitchen table and ate my apples before getting back to my homework. When I was about to finish my last apple slice, the door bell rang. My father walked in, carrying a spotted boy, my age, to the table.
"I found this one out front, waiting to ring the bell," he looked at me. "Charlie, is this one of your friends?"
I had never seen the boy before in my life. Was he one of my friends?

2 Comments:
This is so cool. :)
lol, thanks
Post a Comment
<< Home