Hourglass
A year. A day. A week.
They're gone.
They pass and drift and wither as I watch the time flow by.
The sand rolls softly by my face,
and oceans ripples calm.
I'm lost,
and found,
and back again.
I find I'm never done.
I'm living through this travesty
of life repeated some.
The years roll by.
The moments too.
Where are they now?
Somewhere inside
you.
An anniversary
of wedding bells and such.
A glitch in time to tell
the death of one's true love.
Some memories all blurred to one
are frozen in my lake.
The paint is peeling
one by one
to swallow up my
skin.
It's over,
Love.
It passed last year
when cherry blossoms fell.
Remember, dear,
that day last spring
when you and I could tell?
A year.
A day.
A week.
It's gone.
It passed and drifted off.
The sand now settles
by my feet
in hourglass far off.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home