Me and You
If I knew,
if anyone really knew
what would happen?
What would I be
to you,
or me.
I, who am nothing,
and you,
who are everything
and everywhere,
if, but just for a moment:
an ephemeral, evanescent being-
there
and gone,
we together and apart
are eclipsed in the clandestine sun-
we are alive.
Dissipated.
Distant.
Done.
That's you
and there's also me.
And I am nothing.
Not a cent.
Not a second thought.
Not a doubt
or delusion.
I am nothing but the hidden waves
of dreary sorrow
gliding calmly past the stony beach
and rock-graced cavern,
the heavy dew
filled with dark surrender,
the bare, red emptiness
of failure.
That is me.
And there is you.
There is me.
Alone.
Dark.
Distant.
There is you.
Alone.
Bright.
Free.
Ever-lasting in ephemeral delight
the way it should be.
And alas,
alack!
A lasting breath...
A glaring death.
That was me.
And this is you.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home