Required, Written, and Repeat
I want to write,
repeat,
re-mend.
I want to slice
this horrid end.
A cut, and cut,
and slash,
and there.
I want it burnt.
I want it scarce.
The hardened scars
and worn down marks,
the empty dens
where cold things lurk,
they're something
more
and less
and all
required for
my hardened soul.
Required for
the splitting soul.
Required for
the lack of dole.
Required,
written,
and repeat.
There's something missing,
something seeked.
There's somewhere else
you'd rather be.
There's someone else
you'd want to see.
There's rainbows,
clouds,
and fairy tales,
but none of these
sum up the fails.
Nothing tells my life's earned woes
as well as rhyme
and metred prose.
Nothing burns my scars so deep,
but words come close,
before they seep.
Listen, please
for final show,
where cutting, burning, all's aglow.
Listen, please
for I still beg
of warmth belittling
hard earned bless.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home