Sunday, July 06, 2008

Rose Tinted Shades

I lie here, tears falling
on the cotton beneath my head,
with only this plush dog,
brought down from my childhood
comforting me.
Oh, how I wish you could know
how I felt,
but that'll never happen I can see.

Everytime you look at me,
all you see on my face
are Rose Tinted Shades.
You think I'm only watching
you in such a way,
but what you don't realize
is the lens in front of my eyes
is clear as day.
You just can't believe
that I see in you something great.
No, you're not innocent, beautiful, or naive,
but you don't need to be.
I see all the faults and blemishes in your soul
every time my glance crosses your path, but
You have something even more amazing in you
without being ideal.

One day I hope you'll see what I saw in you,
for it is true, I have trouble seeing you now.
I did love you before,
I know that was no lie,
but how can I love you now
when you can't even see what's before my eyes.
I'm waiting here for you,
for the day that you'll accept it.
No, you don't have to accept me too,
but if you acknowledge my love for you as real,
and not merely a glance
through Rose Tinted Shades,
I'll be here with my heart wide open.

But until that day comes, I feel
we should separate.
No, I don't want to stop talking altogether,
but it won't be the same.
I can't possibly stand here
with an open heart
holding these one sided feelings,
seeing things that you can't see.
So unless, one of these days,
you begin to see what I see,
and to feel what I feel,
I'll leave you alone,
wearing your Blue Tinted Shades.

4 Comments:

At 10:10 PM, July 06, 2008, Blogger Tsuuretsu Unabara said...

It's very pretty, very genuine.

 
At 9:16 AM, July 08, 2008, Blogger Penguin said...

you only like it because its about you. XP

 
At 4:33 AM, July 15, 2011, Blogger Blind_Prophet said...

Oh so this is about Mir. very interesting.
It makes sense from the one post revering your love for her.
Blue Tinted Shades?

 
At 9:53 AM, July 15, 2011, Blogger Penguin said...

blue tinted shades = seeing things more sadly and pessimistically than they really are. Literarilly (at least for me) the exact opposite of rose tinted shades.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home