Sunday, May 16, 2010

Scatter Brain

My thoughts and words and drawing built
around the center something slipped.
The structures danced,
the slots arranged
into a perfect building frame:
A mechanistic building block
of catalytic products bought.
I placed reagents row by row
and hoped and prayed
they'd make a show.
Alas, my sorrow still now holds
for wonder came when they would fold.
And now I curse my broken mind
for scattered thoughts
in frozen time.
For waiting patiently before
and hoping time would change it all.
For putting off the needed work
because the ill-struck heart was corked.
Forever time can not stand still
and now I brave the dreadful hill
upon which chemists fly beyond,
yet I know I'll break down at ground.

My building blocks arranged so neat
into a tower, twenty feet
came tumbling down-
a rush and spin.
Now lying crooked,
chaos sings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home